Obeying the Commandments
Rabbi Kelvin Taylor
Obeying the Commandments
"Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus." Rev. 14:12
Be it known by scriptures that the commandments are for the believer today.
- "Blessed are those who do His commandments [here on earth], that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city" [the New Jerusalem in heaven] Revelation 22:14
- Yahushua said, "If you love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15.
- "Fear Elohim, and keep His commandments; for this is the whole duty of man." Eccl. 12:13.
- "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." Matthew 5:18.
- Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law." Romans 3:31.
- "He that says, ‘I know Him,’ and keep not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:4.
- "For whoever shall keep the whole Law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all." James 2:10.
- "Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness." I John 3:4.
- "By this we know we love the children of Elohim, when we love Elohim and keep His commandments." 1 John 5:2.
- "If you will enter into life, keep the commandments." Matt. 19:17.
- "My covenant I will not break, nor alter the word that has gone out of my lips." Psalms 89:34.
You have been told as believers that you only keep part of the commandments, they say, you should not kill or steal etc but when it comes to the very commandment that says we should Remember they say to forget????
Yahweh's fourth commandment says;
"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Yahweh your Elohim. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Elohim made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Yahweh blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it." Exodus 20:8-11.
Notice how Elohim rested, blessed and sanctified one day:
"And on the seventh day Elohim ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which he had done. Then Elohim blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which Elohim had created and made." Genesis 2:2,3
Yahushua taught us to keep the entire Law !
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Do not think that I come to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven." (Matt. 5:16-19).
"Yahushua said to him, ‘You shall love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang ALL THE LAW and the Prophets." (Matt. 22:37-40).
By loving Yahweh with all our heart we can obey the first table of the law which deals with obeying Elohim; then we can keep the second table of the law, which deals with loving our fellow man.
Yahushua and His disciples kept the law before his resurrection.
- "So He came to Nazareth where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the Synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read." (Luke 4:16). Yahushua kept the seventh-day Sabbath 1700 times.
- "And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath." (Matt. 24:20). The destruction of Jerusalem spoken of here, took place 39 years after His death.
They even kept the Sabbath after the Messiah’s resurrection.
- Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment. (Luke 23:56).
- "Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the scriptures." (Acts 17:2).
- "So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath. On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of Elohim." (Acts 13:42, 44). Long after Messiah’s resurrection, His apostles were meeting on the seventh-day Sabbath.
In heaven and the new earth we will worship on the Sabbath
"'For as the new heavens and the new earth which I will make shall remain before Me.' says Yahweh, 'So shall your descendants and your name remain. And it shall come to pass that from one New Moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall come to worship before Me,' says Yahweh." Isaiah 66:22,23
The "Lord’s Day" is clearly defined in the Bible as the seventh day
"The Son of man is also Lord of the Sabbath." Mark 2:28. "...The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Yahweh your Elohim...." Exodus 20:8-11. "For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath." Matthew 12:8. Yahweh calls it "My Holy Day." Isaiah 58:13. Thus "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day...." Revelation 1:10, must refer only to the seventh-day Sabbath.
More insight and teaching on the commandments and the Law. I used the fourth commandment to show how a person can be deceived and how people pick and choose what commandments they will keep. We are dealing with dangerous doctrines in these last days. Please test everything, researching Yahweh's word for the truth.
Shalom Rabbi Taylor.
Baruch Ha Shem Yahuah !